05 April 2010

The Better Easter Tradition

The best two things the the Christian faith has provided to the world is Christmas and Easter.
Christmas my favourite, not for Jesus being born, not for the present giving but because each year I get to spend a solid few days with my extended family at the beach eating, drinking, talking bullshit and surfing. It is a great time and I look forward to it each year.

Easter is the runner up. It isn't because of Jesus and his whole zombie thing and it is not the weird giving of chocolate eggs from that completely unrelated to the whole purpose of Easter icon the Easter Bunny. It is because on Monday you can head to your local super market and get half price Easter Eggs.

It has become a bit of a tradition with my brothers and I. We only ever get one product be that a bag of small eggs, one big one or whatever. We never go overboard but for only a couple of dollars you can get pretty good value.

I know it sounds a little silly but for some strange and unexplainable reason they seem to taste better. It even tastes better than a block of chocolate from the same company at cheaper price. It probably comes down to the consuming. It makes whatever activity that is undertaken for the rest of the day that little bit more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget